Re: Contaminated oil

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Thu Feb 19 2004 - 09:42:48 EST

"Jason Bleazard" <dml@bleazard.net> wrote in message

> Questions: what might have caused this, can I prevent it from happening
> again, or am I going to need something repaired soon?
>
> The truck has about 102,800 miles. Oil was last changed at 100,300
> miles on Nov 1. I had it done at Mr. Lube, who used a high-mileage
> synthetic blend. The only work done on it since then was a thermostat
> swap about a week and a half ago.
>
> And in case you're planning on posting "dude, forget about paying
> someone to change your oil, just do it yourself"... here's a picture of
> the only parking place I have:
> http://home.primus.ca/~janor/dakota/driveway.JPG
>
> Thanks in advance.

You sure you weren't checking a glass of chocolate milk? Seriously, get
that stuff out of there ASAP, and send a sample to blackstone so that you
can find out what's going on. You don't want any suprises later on.

Although, the cold might have something to do with this. I usually change
my oil at about 4000 miles (I run Mobil1) and keep the level topped off...
This past time the oil filler cap was stuck, and when I finally got the
thing off, there was a little of that color substance on the inside but
nothing out of the ordinary in the oil. I changed the PCV valve when I did
the oilchange, hopefully that same thing won't happen again...

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L