Re: Contaminated oil

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Fri Feb 20 2004 - 01:36:03 EST

On Feb 20, 2004, at 0:08, jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

> I would think that the extra wear on
> an unlubricated engine would offset any benefits of extracting
> more oil.

> Plus, if you're pushing the oil out of the block, it'll take
> that much longer for the pressure to build on the first startup.

these were my first two thoughts when I read that too. I haven't had
any more since on the issue, so they're what I'll stick with.
Especially the first one which just leaves me cringing at the thought
of an engine running dry.

I mean, my RC is way way way way overdue for an oil change, and I'll
hope that the oil pressure comes back up after I do it (yeah, *that*
far overdue) but I'm still not mean enough to turn it over dry.

--
Michael Maskalans             <http://mike.tepidcola.com/>
ClassTech Consultant  -  ITS Printer Tech  -  ITS Lab Tech