Re: it's tire time

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Fri Feb 20 2004 - 18:15:59 EST

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 15:14:27 -0500, andylevy@yahoo.com wrote:
>I'd be surprised if you got them for better than $110/tire in 31x10.5R15. BFG
>doesn't allow them to be sold for less.

Well, it can technically be done, but it has to be an official sale
and it has to be approved by BFG ahead of time. I'm not sure how much
it takes to get them to approve a sale or how often they turn it down.

Costco generally has the lowest available price on them as they sell
for a buck or two over the minimum price. Most shops will match
competitors, so that's how you can generally get the tires for the
minimum price.

The place where I bought mine (and tires for everything else my family
owns) has no problem selling them to me for the minimum price because
there's already a profit built into the BFG price.

Overall, I've been really happy with my BFGs, but I'm not sure if I'll
buy them again when the time comes. It'll probably be a toss-up
between the BFGs and the Dueler AT Revos.

-Bill