Re: Autolites & gas mileage

From: Biff Byrum (bbyrum9@foothill.net)
Date: Fri Feb 20 2004 - 22:56:12 EST

I'm not very impressed. I have been using AP3924
in my '95 sport since I got it in Nov. 2001. Mileage
varied all the time, low of 22.5 up to about 24.1,
mostly road. Before this I had two GenI's going back to 1989, I used nothing
but AP64's, reliable
as the sun rising. If I stick with "peanuts" I'll get a
set of NGK's. It's just that they seem to be totally
unavailable here in Sacramento. Pep Boys and
Kragen can't even order them for you. Are you
gapping them right at .040? Also there are so many other factors that affect
mileage and per-
formance, it's hard to point at the plugs.