RE: Re: RE: ATF+4 an alternative

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Fri Feb 27 2004 - 11:58:04 EST

At 07:28 AM 2/27/2004, you wrote:
>The ATF+4 seems to be unique since there are so few people claiming to be
>compatable. The interesting thing was the marketing propaganda on the back of
>the Valvoline MaxLife reads almost the same as the propoganda on the mopar
>brand ATF+4, they both claim the same benifits. I also find it interesting
>that
>the mopar ATF+4 bottle also claims it is a "for the life of the vehicle
>fluid".

Well, then they need to decide. :-) My truck had ATF+4 as factory fill and
the maintenance schedule still has you change the fluid regularly. That
sounds like pure marketing BS to me, although I suppose it's possible that
the additives and such in the fluid will be good for the life of the vehicle.
Evidently all of the junk that the filter needs to clean out is also good
for the life of the vehicle ;-)

-Bill