o2 sensor fake

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Sat Feb 28 2004 - 18:23:39 EST

On Feb 28, 2004, at 15:42, Bernd D. Ratsch wrote:

> Yes, the O2-SIMM does the same and it's much smaller (and easier to
> hide)
> than the KatBox.

I've heard of o2 simms, but what's a katbox. obviously it does the
same thing, but it must be somehow different.

I'm tired of looking at my check engine light so I'd like to take care
of mine once the weather warms up =)

I was hoping I could just find specs for proper resistance/ voltage
return/ whatever it looks for and build my own with a proper resistor
where that harness goes across the top of the transmission. it's easy
access there through the hole in the bottom of the cab were my shifter
belongs, and whatever I do I'll be cutting and splicing since my plug
popped off the framerail at some point and got itself pretty badly
melted. I'd like to keep electrical splices as high/ dry and otherwise
protected as I can, so that seems like a good place to do it to me.

It seems a bit stupid to buy something that I may have to hack apart to
make fit in the space, and then not use the plug that it comes with
either.

--
Mike Maskalans            <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
84 RamCharger 360 (parked)         98 Dakota CC 318 (Fixed!)