Re: Toronto's Performance World

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sun Feb 29 2004 - 08:26:21 EST

At 11:36 PM 2/28/04, you wrote:
>Dang! Did you get it at an Army/Navy store - a surplus unit
>for jacking up tanks? :-)

Not quite since Canada doesn't have a military :-( I got it
at a Canadian supplier of industrial and agricultural tools
called Princess Auto. I surfed their site to see if they
had aluminum ones (none!) and came across their 2 1/2 ton
one (mine's a 3 ton) and weight spec. was 143 lb (I think).
And all this time I though that I was getting weaker and
weaker :-D

I think that the aluminum ones will run at least $300 CDN
($345 with taxes) up here. Sears advertised one just before
Christmas at $250 CDN but I didn't bite. Now I can't even
find a listing for it on their site or in their catalogs :-(

I was surfing Google CDN pages but, at $130 and up U.S.,
I think that I'll search the U.S. I did accidently came across
an aluminum, race, hydraulic jack in CA for about $250 U.S.
35 lbs., I can still handle :-P

Thanks for the offer. I might have to go that route.

BTW, I have had thoughts, make that dreams, of a pit crew
of about 6 dressed in flame red outfits and "high heels" :-)

Keep on forgetting to ask. Are you okay with directions
for getting up to the show?

In the event we somehow don't meet up at the show, I'll
get to the entrance area of the show at 1 p.m. I'll probably
be spending quite a bit of time resting my back sitting
in that eating area of the show as well.

Bob