Re: Brake time

From: Phillip Batson (pbatson68@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Mar 01 2004 - 14:16:31 EST

Barry,
I just put the JCW rotors on my truck this last
weekend. I also put in the ceramic pads to see how
they are going to work. So far, they are great. Nice
smooth control and no squeaks. They also came with
with a couple of packets of anti-seize.

I've only put on about 70 miles so far. I think the
instructions said that it takes about 250 miles to
break them in.

As far as putting them on, it was easy. Way easier
than I thought it was going to be. Didn't even have to
bleed the brakes. Just used the old pad to compress
the piston with a c clamp.

I had my brakes serviced by the stealer previously, so
the locking washer was no longer on one of the studs.
All I had to do was wiggle the rotor a bit and it came
right off.

One thing I did find, was that putting that outside
"spring" back on was easier if you put the top part in
first. Oh, and according to the FSM, you need to
torque the hex bolts to 22 ft/lbs.

I'm really interested to see if this set of
rotors/pads are going to do better than the stealers.

Hope that helps!