Re: RE: Brake time

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Mon Mar 01 2004 - 14:29:43 EST

At 10:37 AM 3/1/2004, you wrote:
>Interesting timing Barry, I have the Power Slots on my 98 5.2 2WD, and had
>the Hawk pads when I first got the rotors. The Hawks stopped much better
>than stock, but wore out after about 30k miles and I switched to the
>Raybestos Plus PG pads, but after about 20k miles, I have warped my Power
>Slots as I feel a pulse and it hops around under braking. The Raybestos did
>seem to stop better than the Hawks though, so I was pleased with that. I
>have not had any incident where I really jammed on my brakes to have
>overheated the rotors and always carefully torque my wheels on, but I now
>need to have the rotors turned and new pads. I think I may try those Green
>pads that someone mentioned on the DML. I am also going to replace my
>calipers and may look for stainless lines as well.
>I welcome any thoughts along with Barry.

That's interesting to know. I have a tad under 10k on my Powerslots, so I
haven't run into that problem yet. My stock pads were fine, and my stock
rotors would have lasted a lot longer if I wanted to continue having them
resurfaced regularly. I used the Hawk pads and they've been performing
fine so far. I was thinking about replacing them with the Raybestos pads
when the time comes, but now I think I might just pick up another pair of
Hawks. 30k miles is fine with me -- that's around 3 years with how much I
drive.

-Bill