Re: Toronto's Performance World

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Mon Mar 01 2004 - 15:50:03 EST

""Norah Bleazard"" <dml@bleazard.net> wrote in message

> Yes... the comfy couch awaits :-) I think you'll like our new flat screen
> RCA TV and the Pioneer surround sound system with over 100 DVD's and all
the
> satellite chanels to chose from. Only thing missing is a Plasma TV (on my
> wish list.. hehehehe) I think the only reason we don't have one yet
besides
> the cost factor is the space issue... those things are HUUUUGE... lol.

Actually, I've been pretty interested in plasma and LCD TV's so I've read a
lot about them. From what I can discern, the only reason to go plasma is
because you want something so large, it's not available as an LCD, which
would mean that it'd have to be over 70". Plasma tv's have problems with
image burning (like old computer monitors did, but with a plasma it only
takes several hours, not several years.) and they're rediculously HOT. A
70" tv in a 20' square foom will increase the ambient temperature by almost
5 degrees. :eek: just imagine your electric bill. An LCD will do none of
this, no image burning, and they give off no heat. This makes for a better
choice IMHO.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L