Re: RE: Brake time

From: andy levy (andy-dml@levyclan.us)
Date: Mon Mar 01 2004 - 22:46:29 EST

It's useless, just remove it. It only serves to annoy people. If I
want to "steal" it, you can't stop me, there are at least 3 ways around
it (1 - I disable JavaScript. 2 - I fish it out of my cache. 3 - I
view the HTML source and retrieve the parts myself). So please, just
stop annoying your potential customers. Would you intentionally turn
away 10% of your customers in a store? Then why do the same with your
website?

I'm using FireFox. Any user of Mozilla, FireFox or any of their
derivatives will have similar problems. Anyone with JavaScript disabled
will find your site entirely useless - this includes disabled people
using non-"normal" browsers - text to speech readers, etc. Can't speak
for the Mac folks & Safari.

On 3/1/2004 10:39 PM, Sam wrote:

| Sorry, the right click disabled was to prevent content stealing--- an
| unfortunate thing...
|
| What browser are you using, I haven't had any reports of problems from
| anyone.
|
| Thanks for the feedback. I can get you the content outside of the
| website if that's helpful.
|

| Sam
| www.socaldakota.com
| 619-274-1292
|

| I've stopped 4,481 spam messages. You can too!
| One month FREE spam protection at http://www.cloudmark.com/spamnetsig/

| |
| | :)
| |

| Now, really, what's the point of disabling the right-click menu,
| especially since it also disables my ability to select text, which in
| turn stops me from even reading 2/3 of the page because none of the
| content actually appears in front of a white background, but rather over
| the grey textured background? And when I disable JavaScript so I
| actually can select the text so it's readable, I can't navigate to any
| other page.

- --
- -andy

http://home.twcny.rr.com/andylevy/dakota - andy-dml@levyclan.us