RE: RE: Brake time

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Tue Mar 02 2004 - 00:17:16 EST

At 07:38 PM 3/1/2004, you wrote:

>Sorry, the right click disabled was to prevent content stealing--- an
>unfortunate thing...
>
>What browser are you using, I haven't had any reports of problems from
>anyone.
>
>Thanks for the feedback. I can get you the content outside of the
>website if that's helpful.

Seriously, disabling right click doesn't do anything to prevent "content
stealing" In about 2 seconds I could have that whole page downloaded with
wget and opened up in my favorite text editor.

The only thing it's going to do is irritate people who use the context
menus (like me, and obviously Andy as well) to do things -- even as simple
as navigating the site (forward/back functions appear on the context
[right-click] menu in most browsers).

Bottom line: if people want to "steal" your content, they're going to steal
it regardless of whether or not you have right-clicking disabled. (This is
not to mention the fact that the javascript you're using doesn't do
anything to disable View -> Source ...)

-Bill