Subject: Gen II & 16" Wheels

From: Steve Barnett (stephen.barnett@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Mar 02 2004 - 14:01:58 EST

I run a 16X8 wheel from Optima Alloys. It is similar in looks to the AR
Nitro, but it has a slightly more positive offset. This sets the wheel just
a little more to the inside. I originally had the same wheel in a 15X8 and
30 X 9.50 rubber. This wheel had a more negative offset and the tires rubbed
due to the wheel being set too far to the outside. I went to the 16" wheel
because it moved the wheel back inside. I have had a 255/65R16s tire on my
truck, with the stock 16" wheels from a 2001 Dakota and they clear, but
barely. I don't think this tire will work for you on a GENII. I have the
spec sheet on the BFG AT KO. This tire is an more than an inch taller than a
31 X 10.50 X 15.