Re: Re: NV3500 (was) My 408 Dak Is Getting There....

From: David Henry (DML@HenryWeb.net)
Date: Wed Mar 03 2004 - 20:16:47 EST

I doubt it. I think the U joints had been going for quite a while, it just
wasn't detected for quite a while. Some of my driveline slop finally
vanished when the U joints were replaced. Prior to that it was suspected
that it was the transmission flopping around on the broken mount. By the
time the broken mount was discovered, I suspected it to be the driveline
slop I'd never found, but had been looking for for 3-4 years, so I don't
really think it had much to do with the tranny going. I would imagine it
would be harder on the T-case than the tranny with the driveshaft
vibrations.