Re: All this trans talk has gotten me thinking.....

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Fri Mar 05 2004 - 21:03:47 EST

greg conner wrote:

> search www.car-part.com for a 00 v6 5speed federal emissions pcm. It
> doesnt matter what vin is in the pcm as long as there is one. This has
> been seen in the rt world by swapping pcms between different trucks.

Greg, figuring that I've got my old beast of a '92 here, doing a manual
swap would be pretty much mechanical bits only, right? I have a vague
feeling you've already answered this, but can't recall.

I'm heavily considering doing this swap if/when my slushbox lets go. An
AX-15 or NV3500 w/ 3.55's and an LSD would be pretty fun... :-D