Speaking of Brakes...Breaking them In

From: Travis Bailey (dusterrt@msn.com)
Date: Wed Mar 10 2004 - 17:23:36 EST

I'm getting pulsations during light braking, and me not being one to screw
around with things I just went ahead and picked up rotors; Napa's higher end
ones made in the USA which they said are repackaged Raybestos PG-Plus, $55
ea and pads; Performance Friction Carbon-Metallic, $42 from the 'Zone. I
had Napa check out the rotors on a lathe and they weren't perfectly true out
of the box so they cleaned them up for me (no charge, and didn't question my
request...I love Napa!). How do I break these things in? I'm told drive
super easy for a day, then brake moderately the next day, and then on day
three do some all-out stops from 60 to 15. Just want to confirm this, and
also give a heads up that probably most rotors aren't truely true (lol) out
of the box (I wanted them to check things out after my friend told me about
his experience).

Travis

Frustrated with dial-up? Lightning-fast Internet access for as low as
$29.95/month. http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200360ave/direct/01/