Balljoints again

From: Matt Tharp (henryrollins2001@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Mar 12 2004 - 03:08:11 EST

Alright I am sure that there has been alot of talk
about balljoints on our trucks. I know that some
people are wearing them out quickly while others are
not having any problem at all. I was wondering if
there is a final answer to upper ball joint
replacement. Some say that 99 and earlier use a
diffrent design then the 2000 and new but you can
replace the 2000 and newer with the old design ball
joint. Most of the research that I have done states
that TRW was the OE supplier for the bad design ball
joints and not to use factory parts because you will
have the same promblem shortly down the road. It also
stated the Moog ball joints are the best ones to put
back in. The only problem is that I can not find moog
around my town. I can find TRW and United but no Moog.
Any comments or input on helping me solve this problem
I would be greatful.

Thanks

Matt Tharp

2000 Dodge Dakota 4x4 (For Sale) (with popping upper
ball joint)