Re: replacing front pads and rotors

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Tue Mar 16 2004 - 11:38:08 EST

""Curt Kitts"" <cwkitts@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:000501c40aec$76a28ae0$6501a8c0@your6bvpxyztoq...

> Hey guys, this weekend i am gonna replace the rotors and pads on the 2002
> dak. I went on dakota.com, and noticed alot of posts regarding the brakes
on
> these trucks. Most of the posts were not good. You guys experience
problems
> with the front brakes?And how often do you adjust the rear brakes? Last
> thing, since its my first time on dak brakes, any little tricks i should
> know about?
>
> Thanks
> Curt

My rotors were warped in just under 500 miles, they were replaced and then
lasted another 45k miles and I could have left them if I didn't already buy
the powerslots. They were straight and true, and had lots of life left in
them. A lot can be said for keeping your wheels properly torqued, IMHO.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L