Re: Re: Parts For Sale - Gen II, Ram, Misc. New & Used

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Wed Mar 17 2004 - 16:16:21 EST

""DaPurpleRT"" <dapurplert@dakota-durango.com> wrote in message

> Is the quaker state atf pretty good? My truck'll be getting a MP 2400
stall
> and new valvebody when it hits the shop so I'm sure it'll need new ATF.
What
> about the B&M trickshift stuff? ios it ATF itself or is it an additive I
> can add to the quaker state? Does Mobil 1 make ATF?
>
> TIA
>
> -Ryan
> 99 DA RC R/T
> Shopbound shortly.

I've run the trickshift in my 42RE and if i think about it long enough might
be able to attribute it to some of the issues i have, but for the most part,
i'm not sold on the incompatability. That doesn't mean i'm right or wrong,
it just means i'm not sold. I will say that the new trans that I'm having
built (when i get my tuition reimbursement check from work) will be running
redline synthetic fluid in it, as the shop that's building it is going to
put it in and then warranty their work with that fluid.

If you're looking at beefing up the shifting, you might look into dumping in
a bottle of friction modifier with your atf+4, as most shift kits recommend
going this route for the best performance. Also, I've got a transgo shift
kit that was going to use, but since i've got to rebuild the trans i've
decided to let the shop go ahead and use their stuff because they'll
warranty it then. I can sell you the shift kit along with the friction
modifier and the anti foaming additives that i've got. make me a reasonable
offer and it's yours. (or anyone else who wants the shift kit and additives)

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L