Re: RE: Gas prices

From: Jon N. Benignus (blkwidow1@primary.net)
Date: Thu Mar 18 2004 - 18:56:27 EST

on 3/18/04 9:05 AM, BARRY OLIVER at DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us wrote:

> but how about Bloomington
> which is typically 8-12 cents higher than, say Peoria or Springfield,
You could have three types of fuel in as many counties. Not saying that is
the case, but it happens.
Again, I mentioned the "Yuppie factor"-charging what the market will bear.
Prices in affluent neighborhoods here are higher than in less affluent
areas.
Illinois prices are higher than in MO, as our taxes are lower.
Read an article where oil is now 38.10 a barrel, yet demand is going up.
Reserves are down. We still have no new refineries built in recent history,
and some have closed due to EPA regs. It is becoming harder to meet the
demand.
In 1970 cars got 10-15 mpg and gas was about 50 cents. Now cars get 30-40
mpg and gas here is 1.55. Looks like a wash to me. (free with fill up)

Priced eggs or milk lately?

Jon
STL MO