Re: Re: Re: 95 3.9 no power

From: droo (03dakotacc4.7_4x4@comcast.net)
Date: Wed Mar 24 2004 - 17:56:56 EST

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 21:50:12 -0700, Tom <booyang1@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Not necessarily. The sensor is not grounded, it is simply
> malfunctioning. It isn't doing anything that would cause a 21 (sensor
> voltage shorted to ground, input voltage above normal range, neither rich
> nor lean condition detected, or heating element malfunction). The sensor
> seems to be constantly sending a lean condition signal (low voltage,
> around 120mV) to the PCM, so all the PCM sees is a constant lean
> condition and dumps fuel to richen the mixture.

Luck that you boys are talking about o2 sensors. The engine light came on
today in my truck. code p0131, o2 sensor shorting to ground. I got this
before maybe a month and a half ago. It eventually went away and i figured
the wet weather had something to do with it. Anyhow, it's back. I would
like to know how to trouble shoot this before I take it to the dealer so I
can at least tell them I found something wrong with it in case it goes back
to normal. I've never used a volt meter before. I also don't know where to
find it under the hood. I think the one on the exhaust is right after the
cat. So when I'm testing, do I unplug the wire from the sensor or is there
a way to do it while its plugged in? Also, what am I looking for?

--
-Droo

http://www.grandroyal.org/dakota