Re: Blown Speakers continued...

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Thu Mar 25 2004 - 09:28:22 EST

""Mallett, Donald B"" <Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com> wrote in message

> I picked up a pair of Kenwood and put them in there and they sound GREAT!
> First one took about a hour due to, not sure but the 2nd one went in, in
> less then a 1/2 hour. What I would like to know is, In a 2000 QC is the
> rear speakers and mounts same as the fronts? When I replace the rear
> speakers, should I match them to the front? Just looking at my options.
>

> *-----------------------------Y2KOTA------------------------------*
> Don Mallett
> Y2K QC 4.7L Auto SLT+ 4x2

I can't speak for speaker sizes and mounting as I drive a CC, but I can talk
about types...

In the past, I've run upgraded speakers up front and stockers in the rear.
You (as the driver) usually don't notice the difference, but your rear
passengers will. When you make your choice, you don't have to pick the same
model speaker as you did in the front, or even the same brand. In my
experience though, when replacing rear speakers you want to get something
that can handle more power and lower frequencies better than the fronts can.
I know this sounds backwards, but trust me you want the beefier set of
speakers in the rear. Most vehicles are set up so that the rear speakers
carry most of the bass, and since they're behind your head (and the seats)
you won't hear them as well. Since you won't hear them as well, they
usually end up working harder to compensate, and end up taking more abuse in
the process. I hope this helps.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L