RE: Re: Welding on computer equipped vehicles?

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (fasstdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 25 2004 - 20:55:40 EST

Disconnect the battery...PCM disconnect is not required. I've had my
exhaust welded many times and have never had a PCM fried (or heard of
cases where that happened).

It also depends on where they use the ground lead on the welder...most
will put it as close to the weld area as possible...but definitely
remove the O2 sensor nearest to the weld area (you can fry them).

- Bernd