No 4th gear after rebuild

From: Dan Kramarsky (dkramarsky68@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Mar 29 2004 - 11:37:22 EST

hey DMLers.

well i had the 46RH rebuilt by a guy i know. we tried a 2400 stall
converter and got a master rebuild kit with bands, clutches, plates
etc. I also got a Transgo shift kit installed. now it seems 4th gear (O.D.)
wont work. ( see my sig for the rest of truck data )

theres some Chrysler TSBs on this:

 TSB#
   ATRATB369 JAN 96 A/T - A500 No Fourth Gear After Rebuild
   ATRATB357 JAN 96 A/T - A500, A518 No Fourth Gear

can someone send me a copy of these ( as pdf file )? i would really
appreciate it!!!! also if anyone
has personally run into this problem i would appreciate hearing
how you fixed it. i understand it controlled by PCM. and several
sensors must reading a specific value(s) before the PCM will turn on the OD solenoid.
but which one of these sensors has gone bad???? or is the OD solenoid jammed?

-dan K.
southern cal.

=====
Dan K.
'92 Grey Dak CC, 318, 4x2, 46RH, 3.92 rear, 235/75R15, PS, PW, PB, PL, AC.
Mods: cool air induction, K&N filter, Autolite 3924s, & re-located IAT sensor.

Future: 180* stat, MP M-1, Hughes Cam, MP PCM, 3" Gibson single, & pulleys.