Transmission Trouble

From: Gary Hedlin (ghedlin@theramp.net)
Date: Mon Apr 05 2004 - 02:05:36 EDT

I need some help with a transmission thats acting up.

On my 98 (42RE) my trans is acting up...Its acting like it's not upshifting
or downshifting in 3rd gear. In town the trans acts perfect, but on the
highway, or any time I go above 55, it seems like it's stuck in 3rd.

For example, I'll have the cruise on 65, and i'll be running at 3000 RPM's,
normaly it runs about 2000 RPM's.

I tried adjusting the TV cable, and it didn't really seem to help. (I gave
it some more slack since it seemed tight) So now i'm trying to get some idea
of whats going on, since I'm not getting any codes from the PCM.

Any Ideas would be helpful

Thanks,

Gary Hedlin