RE: Ceramic coating of headers

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Wed Apr 14 2004 - 19:43:16 EDT

>I have had my ceramic coated headers since 98 ... from Leach on the west
coast
>... opted to have him send it out to whoever he used for the "black"
>coating ...
>still looks like the day they arrived :-)

The black "ceramic" coating on my Leach headers started flaking off within 2
years. By 3 years there were spots missing on both headers and the Y-pipe.
At that point I was sending them to Jet Hot for strip and recoat. They have
been on the truck now for 2 1/2 years without a single pit, bubble or other
problem.

John