Re: Re: 97 up rear bumper on a 96 down truck? ATTN BRETT

From: brett4hand@hotmail.com
Date: Thu Apr 15 2004 - 09:28:39 EDT

In article <024601c4225f$c3617c80$f95f2241@a.tampabay.rr.com>,
acellan1@tampabay.rr.com ("Tony Cellana") writes:

> Brett Forehand was looking into this for the same reason. Not sure on the
> outcome.
> TonyC

Yeah Tony, I e-mailed Charles last night from my cell phone, was at the gf's
place and didn't have the link to the guy's site to show what he wanted.
There's plenty of guys here interested in this information, so I'll go ahead
and post it.

There's a guy in Ocala http://home.earthlink.net/~btm0106/ with a SWEET lifted
GenII. It's the one I posted pics of from the Florida Mopar Show at Garlits
place. He's got a GenIII bumper on his '92. He told me you only have to drill
two holes in each side of the frame to mount it. Everything else lines up.
Check the web site to see how it looks. I personally think it looks great.
Kind of put to rest my worries of lining up with the body and all. I'm
planning on going with a GenIII bumper soon. They are made much beefier than
the aftermarket ones (you saw the results of my rear-end collision on my
FEY/Westin bumper), and you can't find any factory GenII bumpers in good
condition anymore.

Brett Forehand
'94 Dakota Sport CC 5.2 Auto