Re: Finally! Update

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Fri Apr 16 2004 - 10:34:08 EDT

""Valentin Garcia"" <valentingar@msn.com> wrote in message

> Flowmaster is in, I had my brother take it in to get done while I was at
> work. It sounds pretty good, not what I was expecting though... but it is
> V6 after all. The tip looks great and yes I definately have the bug. I
guess
> I'm gonna start brown baggin it to work so I can buy some more goodies!

That's what I do, only for a different reason. I only go out for lunch on
Fridays now. ;-)

> Questions:
>
> There is a distinctive smell! What is that? It is going away... right?

Yep, it's all the oils and whatnot burning off. Give it a week and it'll be
gone.

> Do I have to reset the PCM now or should I wait for my Intake?
>
> Should I reset the PCM after every mod?

I've never reset my PCM for any mod other than injectors. (mostly just
because the battery was disconnected when I installed the injectors) It
takes a day or two of driving, but it'll adapt to whatever changes you've
made. Just take it easy on it for a day. I don't know if this is right or
wrong, but I for one, HATE having to reset all my radio presets and custom
EQ settings.

I've got a hard time believing that you're better off resetting the PCM
after every mod, it just doesn't make sense to me. IMO, the PCM would have
to learn more to go from the base fuel/timing maps to adjust to whatever
mods you're running, rather than just making little tweaks here and there if
you hadn't reset it.

I hope this makes sense, I haven't had all of the required coffee yet this
morning.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L