Re: DML:Diesel in a Dakota

From: KenCo (ken@kencofish.com)
Date: Fri Apr 16 2004 - 12:07:49 EDT

Kenneth Berntsen wrote:
> I had come across a site talking about puting the 4 Cyl Cummins in a
> diesel. Seems like one of the problems is that most are coming from a
> forklift or some application like that where the engine is governed to a
> constant speed. I figure Cummins could work it out if they were asked to.

actually, all engine manufs. have protos for
any application already being tested. they dont
wait for a need.

forklift apps. are variable speed, good for
road use also BUT need more HP or use for a
lighter truck/car.

a co. I worked for many yrs. back dropped
a 6 cyl. Perkins in a Dodge power wagon before
anyone else ever thought of it. we also put
the 1st 3306 Cat in a LN 9000 for St Johnsbury
trucking for Cat/Ford so they could mass produce
it.

http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-831-5739 cell 401-225-0556

Linux (SuSE 8.2) user #329121 Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the sending of this contaminant free message We do concede that a signicant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced ;)