Re; Trans Pan Drain Plug?

From: Mallett, Donald B (Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com)
Date: Sat Apr 17 2004 - 05:18:33 EDT

Subject: DML: Trans Pan Drain Plug?

<SNIP>Speaking of trans issues... I just picked up some AFT+4 and an
preparing
to change the fluid on the Ram's 46RE...I also picked up from work, a
B&M Auto Trans drain plug kit. Consists of a bolt with a threaded plug
that goes into a 1/2 inch hole you drill in the fluid pan. Comes with a
nylon washer. Mike, I remember you trying to install a drain plug in
your trans pan and having it not work so well - don't remember how you
tried to do it. Was it with a kit? Anyone know how well these things
work? I don't feel like having to replace my trans pan if this isn't
going to work.

I put one in my Trans about 8 months ago, Still there and not one drop
leaked! I did coat the seals, hole and bolt with RTV first. Works good for
me! I have a second one for the rear gear oil for next time I change it.

*-------------------------------Y2KOTA-------------------------------*
Don Mallett
Y2K QC 4.7L Auto SLT+ 4x2
http://www.y2kota.us

<http://www.prepaidlegal.com/go/mallett> (Check out The Success System link
on my website, listen to the audio link first)
Have you heard about Identity Theft? Have you signed up for "Identity Theft
Shield"? Do it immediately. Check it out at
<http://www.prepaidlegal.com/idt/mallett> I would never be caught without it
myself!