Re: DML:Diesel in a Dakota

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Mon Apr 19 2004 - 00:15:25 EDT

>The 3.9L Cummins is available from the factory with 170HP & 420 ft lb..
>That's not too underpowered..

That's all down here at sea level. I need something that will handle the
mountains. Of course, that 420 ft/lbs. could just be what I'm looking for
even with the power loss at altitude!

>Add in a few mods.. like they do to the bigger motors.. and I'm sure it'd
pull just fine.

I have a contact who feels he can get 250 HP and the associated TQ increase
with very little work. It's just a matter of making it work in a street
vehicle.

> I have a 2.5L gas and have carried 3000# loads, pulled over 6000#
trailers.. all with no power
>problems.

I'd like to see you make that same claim pulling my 26' travel trailer
through a mountain pass at 10,000 ft :-)

John