Re: Re: O2 Simulator (& MegaSquirt)

From: Shane Moseley (s_moseley@bellsouth.net)
Date: Wed Apr 21 2004 - 08:14:45 EDT

jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
> Shane Moseley <smoseley@datastar.net> wrote:
> [...]
> : I need to get one of my pre-built & tested units into the hands of Jon
<snip>

> Just out of idle curiosity, is there anyone using Megasquirt in
> a diesel application, or is the technology too different?

Good question - No, there is nobody that I know of. It has been
discussed a bit on the MegaSquirt list - but the consensus is that the
realtime requirements are so steep that MegaSquirt (or DFI, FAST, etc)
are not capable at present. Makes you wonder what the factory is doing huh?

I know that the newer diesels have a very different PCM setup -
apparently lots of the other newer vehicles do also - which reminds me -
Bernd, did you find out any more about the potential factory wide-band
O2 usage in the new Hemi's?

Shane