Re: Whisper me a Prayer

From: r l (charger69rt@cox.net)
Date: Sat Apr 24 2004 - 19:15:25 EDT

Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 18:46:34 -0700
From: Kyle Vanditmars <kylevan@telus.net>
Subject: DML: Whisper me a Prayer

My sister's '99 DOHC Neon has (had) a leaky headgasket. Everything's
apart, but that took a day. I started at 9am, and got it fully apart at
around 5:30pm. I have a giant pile of parts strewn about the garage
floor, and the stupid thing probably won't be done until Monday thanks to
my work schedule. Everything's gone relatively smoothly, though, so
hopefully everything goes back together properly, and I'm not left at the
end of things going "gee, I wonder where these five bolts went?"

These things are hellish to work on, I want to shoot whatever engineer at
Chrysler that decided to cram that much crap into that small an engine
bay. I've mangled a knuckle or two so far, hopefully not too many more.

Kyle

You have my prayers and sympathy.

My daughter was new car looking last month...a Neon was one of her choices.

They were going to give her a thousand for her 88 Nissan.

The Neon drove great but I told her I thought it would be a beast to work on
in a few years.

She ended up with a 71 Valiant from California, got it for $1000 off Ebay..$250
to get it over here to phx az..she can throw her Nissan away and still be up
about $9000.

Front engine rear wheel drive....just like the Dakota...she's happy I'm happy.

rob lipinski
92 dak