Re: UHaul trailers?

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Tue Apr 27 2004 - 08:45:25 EDT

I used a U-Haul van to pull a U-Haul trailer loaded down with my '83 Toyota
truck from Fairfield Ca, to San Antonio Tx in two days. The Toyota bed was
completely loaded with all kinds of stuff. Not once did the trailer even
slightly wiggle though I hit some very strong cross winds crossing New
Mexico.

John
http://jndneff.home.texas.net/dakota/dakota.html

<snip>
Is this a box van (cargo) that you will be renting or a full size truck?
  When I moved I towed the 2wd Dakota behind an F-350 super duty with I
think - a 14 foot box. The Uhaul was fully loaded and the Dakota was
loaded with crap in the bed and cab. Towing a dak on a uhaul trailor
isnt a problem if you are going to be pulling it with a fully loaded
full size. The weight issue there is a big heavy thing pulling a
lighter heavy thing. Trailor wouldnt be as prone to "wagging the tail"
and pushing around the truck doing the towing.
<unsnip>