Re: Ebay and Shameless Self Promotion..

From: Barry (barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com)
Date: Tue Apr 27 2004 - 15:35:12 EDT

Phillip Batson wrote:

> Barry,
> When you become a dealer, you agree not to cut throat
> your fellow dealers on the internet. While I agree it
> is kind of agressive on their part, there is no way to
> tell if you are a dealer or not because of the ebay
> blind.
>
> I'd probably be a little miffed too, but on the other
> hand, it is nice to see they actually give a crap what
> their dealers are doing.
>
> Phil

Ok, I will concede that, but that is an awfully heavy handed tactic, don't
you think? In any case, the fact that they have their own corporate Ebay
account, which has never bought or sold anything should tell you something.
  If they spent as much time on marketing and developing a dealer network,
they wouldn't have to worry about one guy on Ebay with one friggin oil
filter kit...

--
          -Barry

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think" -fortune cookie

DML: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/Rb@6EE4xQAF2k/ Superhawk: http://barrysuperhawk.home.insightbb.com