Re: UHaul trailers?

From: JAMES KNOX (knox.james@sympatico.ca)
Date: Tue Apr 27 2004 - 19:27:41 EDT

For Andy check with UHaul as to your particular truck in regard to it being
a 4x4, height and weight with their charts in regard to what is acceptable
in regard to the particular trailer. Tom, in connection with your input, my
towing mishap occured going down hill on the highway in truck ruts causing
the truck and trailer to ocillate to the point that both vehicles were being
torqued over. We reversed the position of the truck so that the trailer
tongue was at the point of just clearing the ground. I did tow to Grand
Bend raced and towed back home to Toronto. Considering I did a complete 180
0n a busy highway with tractor trailers on it I'm extremely lucky.
Hindsight is easy.

Jim Knox, 91 Dak 318LA 4x4

  -----