Re: DML:Rear brake conversion

From: Pindell, Timothy (TPindell@OTTERBEIN.EDU)
Date: Fri Apr 30 2004 - 09:02:01 EDT

<whine>
I want one of those marketing ploys too!!!
</whine>

But seriously folks, my friend has a big 'ol C-body Sport Fury. Drums on
all four corners with no vac assist. It stops well enough, but you have to
think ahead. That pedal is two feet wide for a reason- so you can stand on
it with both feet! <cringe>

My real question is this: Disks are so much simpler and more effective.
I'm pretty sure everybody will agree on that point. Why aren't disk brakes
used by default on everything? Are drums really that much cheaper and more
reliable with all of those moving parts?

>Joining in on this one late. But I feel the introduction of disk brakes on
the rear in many cases is a marketing ploy started by one manufacture and
the rest followed to >keep up the Jones's.