Re: Whole mileage debate...

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Fri Apr 30 2004 - 09:53:46 EDT

""Zachary Burcham"" <roadking_dakota@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> That's really good. I guess it just goes to show that most of the guys
> driving 5.9L are probably driving them really hard. Glad to hear that one
> as old as a 96 is gettin' good mileage.
>
> Zach Burcham
> 92dakotahd

True, most of us are freaks like that. I get pretty decent mileage in my
V6, but did find that once I lowered it, my mileage went up almost 2 mpg on
the highway. Then it went up another 1 mpg when I put the cover over the
bed. Of course, if I'm in a hurry and have it wound up way over the legal
limit, all of those gains are thrown out the window, and I end up with about
16 - 18 mpg.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L