Re: Re: DML Central Texas Crud Question

From: brett4hand@hotmail.com
Date: Mon May 03 2004 - 10:23:18 EDT

In article <20040501.165948.2292.3.rap777@juno.com>, rap777@juno.com (Richard
A Pyburn) writes:

> This won't take it off, but it makes it look better. Get a can of that
> aerosol tire shine stuff. Spray it in there and the yellow-gray caliche
> disappears!
>
> Probably don't need to tell you this, Brett, but it's a good idea to put
> some newspaper over the tops of tires while you do this; don't want that
> stuff on the treads.
>
> Like Bernd said, a pressure washer is good, too, if you have one around.
>
> Richard
>
> BTW, you ever heard any more on the GenII gauge pods?
>
> > Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 14:58:59 +0000 (UTC)
> > From: brett4hand@hotmail.com
> > Subject: DML: Central Texas Crud Question
> >
> > Ok Bernd, Tom Slick, Richard Pyburn, and other Central Texas
> > guys....what do
> > you use to get the (how do you spell this?) Koh lee chee (lime-stone
> > mud) off
> > of your fender liners? This stuff is really tough, and the
> > car wash ain't
> > gettin' it! Lime-away, maybe? Help!
> >
> > Brett Forehand
> > '94 Dakota Sport CC 5.2 Auto

> Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Hey Rich, thanks.... I've done the tire shine stuff, and it works temporarily.
The car wash sprayer just doesn't have enough "oomph". Have a buddy that just
got a new Craftsman compressor and the "big" toolkit. May have to borrow
Bernd's old Sneaky Pete off his go-kart, put it on the Craftsman, and do some
real blastin' with it. ;)

Thanks,
Brett Forehand
'94 Dakota Sport CC 5.2 Auto