Re: RE: Start Up/Idle Problem

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (fasstdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon May 03 2004 - 20:37:07 EDT

Yup...that would be the first item to check - battery could be going south.
Check it with a load-tester as voltage doesn't show you a problem unless one
cell is low. Voltage and Amperage should not go below 11.8-12v /
500-600CCA.

Other options:

(1) IAC Solenoid - Clean it
(2) Reset the PCM (Battery Disconnect to clear out all adaptives)
(3) Try a different gas station on your next tank-full (Fuel formulations
are slightly different in between stations and major brands)

You're not the only one complaining about this problem. Jeeps, Durango's,
Ram's, and quite a few others are having either the same or very simiular
problems.

- Bernd