Re: Re: "wet" spark plugs

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (fasstdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed May 05 2004 - 00:49:52 EDT

It's not something I would recommend that you do at home unless you have
something to monitor the pressure of the solvent.

There's several different ways to clean the injectors on the car - I use the
BG Injector Service Kit and have used the test-port, fuel rail, and fuel
line methods. Most shops can do this for you ranging anywhere from $80-$100
(which includes the price of the solvent and cleaning the TB as well). 3M
used to sell a kit to the public through PepBoys (about $50), but I believe
it was pulled off of the shelves due to liability issues with people not
understanding how to disconnect the fuel pump (simple relay).

- Bernd