Re: car wash

From: droo (03dakotacc4.7_4x4@comcast.net)
Date: Wed May 05 2004 - 20:10:47 EDT

On Wed, 05 May 2004 17:21:49 -0500, Terrible Tom <SilverEightynine@aol.com>
wrote:

> I'm sure it does work great but its no miracle magic device. Basically
> the whole schpeel is that it uses soft (filtered) water - same kind of
> deal as a Britta or Pur water filter. - they remove the minerals and
> stuff in the water that causes spotting... so you can let your car air
> dry VS hand drying to prevent spotting. I suppose if you hook up a water
> softener to your gerden hose water supply - that would do pretty much the
> same thing. You still have to wash your car as normal. Its not a spray
> on spray off type deal. And - according to them - you have to use their
> soap refills. But I dont know how true that is. It could be just your
> average normal quality car wash detergent (NEVER use dish soap!) But
> considering the fact you will have to buy car was soap regardless - whats
> it matter if you use theirs or not? Might just cost a little more. I
> might just pick one up for the ability to use soft water for a rinse.

You do have to use their soap. It has a polymer in it to help it dry spot
free. The filtered water part really isn't all that much. Like it spritzs
out. You do it after you rinse heavily with unfiltered water. Then you just
spray over the whole vehicle again on the filtered setting. There is a
touchless car wash by me that does the same kind of thing. It's all
pressure washed. Then does a spotless rinse. Which would work a lot better
if the pressure washing was able to get more of the dirt off the vehicle.

--
-Droo

http://www.grandroyal.org/dakota