I joined the brake caliper helicoil club today

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Sat May 15 2004 - 16:23:50 EDT

While trying to isolate an odd noise coming from the front drivers side
wheel area this morning, I first boogered up then stripped one of the
caliper bolt holes in the steering knuckle. Thankfully, I remembered that
this same thread had been discussed recently and a quick search of the
archives turned up the information I needed on helicoils. Namely, size. A
trip into town and $61.19 later for a helicoil kit and replacement bolt had
me on my way to fixing my fubar. The install took about 15 minutes as others
have said and the caliper was reinstalled.

Oh well, I didn't have anything better to do today :)

John
http://jndneff.home.texas.net/dakota/dakota.html