Re: Today's gas prices

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Thu May 20 2004 - 13:49:52 EDT

Jon N. Benignus said:

>>> Beer is what is too expensive.. ;-P
>>>
>> That one has an easy solution :-).
>
> Same solution as gas...don't use as much. But, beer is mostly WATER and
> water is $1 US/pint. No one is complaining, either.

Yeah, well, gasoline is a necessity, beer isn't. I can stop drinking beer
entirely and nothing bad will happen to me. Nor to you. No, really.
You're not going to go into withdrawal from not drinking beer, you just
think you are :-). Sobreity isn't that bad, just try it. Have a Coke
instead. (Coke already owns half the planet anyway... :-)

On the other hand, if I stop driving, my boss is going to get really
curious really quickly about why I'm not bothering to show up for work.
Some would argue in favor of taking public transit, but I haven't figured
out a transit route that would take less than three hours in each
direction. Personally, I don't consider that a viable option. To say
nothing of lugging groceries home on a bicycle, or any of the other things
for which I need a vehicle.