Re: BBQ - progress is being made!

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@bellsouth.net)
Date: Thu May 20 2004 - 22:34:16 EDT

On May 20, 2004, at 5:20 PM, Josh Battles wrote:

> ""Norah Bleazard"" <dml@bleazard.net> wrote in message
>>
>> Dakota content: When you put each cat in their own cage and stack
>> them up
>> in the back seat of the QC, you'll enjoy a rather, long, multi-tonal
>> serenade during the entire trip. :-)
>
> This statement made me afraid. Maybe it's the thought of 5 cats in a
> vehicle....
>
> Maybe I should preface this with the reason I'm afraid of driving with
> animals in the car. Well, one time I was helping my girlfriend at the
> time
> take her cat to the vet. We were just driving along all nice and with
> traffic, all was well. Then, all of the sudden, the cat runs from back
> under the hatch somewhere (I had a camaro at the time) and jumps onto
> my
> head. Then, as if that wasn't enough trauma for me, it decided to dig
> it's
> claws into my scalp. I almost drove into the side of another vehicle
> at
> 70mph trying to get this crazy thing off of my head as it's ripping my
> scalp
> up. In the end, I ended up almost locking them up while pulling onto
> the
> shoulder and throwing the cat into the backseat. It made the rest of
> the
> trip inside a duffel bag that I'd had in the car to hold my gym gear.
> This
> is why I don't travel with any animal, expecially a cat. It doesn't
> even
> matter if it's in a cage, it's still not gonna happen. So, that's my
> cat
> story.
>
> --
> - Josh

LOL, I know where Norah is coming form but I only have three cats. My
wife has tried several times to increase that number and while I do
break down a nit I manage to tough up and prevent that form happening.

Josh I visualized the entire thing and laughed hard enough to actually
scare my cats.

Jeff Durling