Re: French Fry Diesel Power (was Today's gas prices)

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@bellsouth.net)
Date: Thu May 20 2004 - 22:42:22 EDT

On May 20, 2004, at 9:18 PM, andy levy wrote:

> On 5/20/2004 7:44 PM, Jon N. Benignus wrote:
>
> | on 5/20/04 12:38 PM, Jason Bleazard at dml@bleazard.net wrote:
> |

> |>Seriously, I don't trust any company on the planet (people, maybe;
> |>companies, no way), so the revelation that restaurants are evil
> comes as
> |>absolutely no surprise.
> |

> | Ahem..companies ARE people.
>
> A company is merely a legal entity, but it does not have the same
> status
> and rights as a person. Companies are also amoral.
>
> A company is made up of people, but it is not a person.
> - --
> - -andy

I think he meant that the people who run a company are what he doesn't
necessarily trust. While the people who work there may be ok the
controlling party (ie. board, ceo, etc) may be more interested in doing
whatever to drive the stock price to not only look good on wall street
but to also protect their jobs and more importantly guarantee
themselves a healthy bonus and/ or stock options equal to, or
exceeding, the entire gross national product of a small nation.

That or the michelin man scares the crap out of him..............

Jeff Durling