OBD II software recomendations

From: Mike Goodell (mikgoo@charter.net)
Date: Thu May 20 2004 - 23:11:11 EDT

I wish to query the wisdom of the list about OBD II software for a laptop
computer. I am waiting the arrival of my new laptop and I want to get
an obd II software package to use on it. I currently have an actron
code scanner that will clear codes but it won't do anything else.
I am looking hard at the Autotap package but I thought I would
ask here to see what you might be running or recommending.

The main thing is that the cable from the computer needs to be
USB as my new machine has no serial port.

Thanks for your help,

Mike Goodell
mikgoo@charter.net