Re: was French Fry Diesel Power (was Today's gas prices)

From: Aaron Wyse (awyse@sw.rr.com)
Date: Fri May 21 2004 - 00:13:01 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Norah Bleazard" <dml@bleazard.net>
To: <dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net>
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2004 9:17 PM
Subject: RE: DML: French Fry Diesel Power (was Today's gas prices)

I've
> worked in HRIS (Human Resources Information Services), I know exactly what
> was thought regarding the employee. I think I knew their numbers better
> than their faces especially at the big layoff season. How to get rid of
> 2000 employees without breaking any laws. After all, the plant workers
> weren't really people were they? 2 months of "Black Fridays" were enough
for
> me. Do I dare say the name of this so-called humane establishment...
> hmmmm... lemme see.. they make cell phone and 2 way radios, their name
> starts with an "M" as in motor (wink wink) and ends with an "ola". Oh,
and
> lets do this right before Christmas shall we?
>
> Norah Bleazard http://www.bleazard.net Burlington, Ontario
> hers: '01 Dakota Sport 4x4, 4.7 V8, Auto, Quad Cab, black (Black Diamond)
> prev: '98 Dakota Sport 4x4, 5.2 V8, Auto, Club Cab, black (Black Widow)
> prev: '95 Dakota Sport 4x2, 3.9 V6, Auto, Club Cab, black (Black Ice)
> prev: '93 Dakota Sport 4x2, 3.9 V6, Auto, Club Cab, electric blue
> (Enterprise)
> his: '95 Dakota Sport 4x4, 3.9 V6, 5spd, Reg. Cab, white (White Knight)
> ours: '96 Dakota - Golden Retriever

I worked in a warehouse for Sears for several years.. and we saw them doing
the same thing right as the big rush was dieing down before Christmas.. As
people came in to work, they were stopped before they clocked in and sent to
personnel for termination papers.. about 20-25% of the employees.. anybody
that they felt was making too much or just made waves for management. Out
the door.. then the next year they'll hire a bunch of new people and do it
again.