Re: BBQ - progress is being made!

From: Walt Felix (Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com)
Date: Fri May 21 2004 - 07:45:11 EDT

Andy,

   Gizmo wasn't too bad with the claw trimming routine. Just had to make it
fast and not place her on her back. She had this one mutant claw on one of
her front paws that was like two or three claws that grew together. We had
to save that one for last because if it were any thicker, we would have
needed bolt cutters. She got a little fussy with that one but other wise
was pretty good.

She was ill for well over a year but really didn't suffer, except for a
little in the beginning. Ingrid was taking her once a month to a Veterinary
Oncologist up near Boston for kymo shots and she was responding to the
treatments better that everyone expected. The tumor had reduced in size so
much that the Vet decided not to operate and continue with the shots to see
how far it would shrink. The night before she died, I was playing soccer
with her in the living room with a tin foil ball and had no indication of
any problems. She really didn't seem to be sick when you watched her. Ingrid
took her up for her monthly shot and she got a little agitated in the car,
which was unusual because she always traveled well. The vet decided to hold
her overnight after tapping some excess fluid from her chest. They called
us that afternoon and told us that everything was well and we could pick her
up in the morning. About 20 minutes later they called back and told us that
they just found her in her cage and she wasn't responding to anything they
tried. I told them to stop at that point.

Truck Content: She really loved to ride in the truck. I still have little
nose prints all over the inside glass. She would stand with her front paws
on one of the arm rests with her breath fogging up the window while she
watched outside. It was so adorable. I'm not really a cat person but I was
very fond of that little fur ball. Her personality just fit really well
with me. I would prefer sitting, watching TV, eating popcorn or Doritos
with her more than I did with Ingrid. Gizmo loved Popcorn and Doritos,
Italian food or what ever I was eating, just as long as it wasn't fish. She
didn't like fish. And Ingrid always talks during the movie.

Walt