Re: Alarm suggestions

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Fri May 21 2004 - 16:03:12 EDT

<jon@dakota-truck.net> wrote in message

> Yep. Short of hiring a band of mercenaries to provide 24 hour armed
> guard over your vehicle, if someone wants it, they will get it, (just
> watch a repo man in action sometime). Even the armed guard isn't
> foolproof; its so difficult to find good help these days... ;-)
>

> --
> -Jon-

When I worked in the car biz, one of the guys I worked with was a repo man
on the side. Apparently the money is pretty good, but he was also a black
belt in taekwando and carried a .38 snubnose. He could get just about
anything from the beater chevette to a ferrari in under 2 - 3 minutes. I
was pretty impressed when he got into my car and started it in under a
minute, including the time spent defeating the alarm. Scary++

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L